July 12, 2015
4 pieces da zao
6 grams gan cao
6 grams shan yao
6 grams dang gui
organic chicken broth or water to coverDirections
- Wash chicken, cut into halves, remove skin and fat and put in boiling water to rinse for 5 minutes, retrieve and rinse.
- Rinse herbs and dates.
- Put all ingredients in a casserole with enough hot water to cover the chicken and put on the cover.
- Place the casserole on a stainless steel cooling stand inside a pot or a wok with enough hot water at the bottom to reach up to the lower third of the casserole. Cover the pot or wok with lid.
- Steam over medium-high heat for 3 hours. Add boiling water to the cooking whenever necessary to maintain the steaming and prevent burning.
- Remove and add salt to serve. Drink soup mainly.
Combine all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 1 1⁄2 –2 hours. Discard the herbs when the soup is ready.
**Dang Gui is NOT recommended if you are pregnant, have diarrhea or have abdominal fullness. Do not take this if you are pregnant of think you may be. This soup is also not to be taken during your period and it is a blood mover. **
Bob Wong was raised in a traditional Chinese medicine family and moved to mainland China to study and train for almost a decade. During that time, he was able to learn from some of the top acupuncturists and Chinese Medicine practitioners in at the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. His mission is not bring that knowledge and experience to help his patients.
Bob Wong currently maintains an acupuncture practice in the Brisbane area and lectures at the Endeavour College of Natural Health. For more information you can read his full bio or schedule and appointment.
*The owner of this site is not liable for any misfortune that should befall a visitor to this site.This site does not offer personal advice & no information on it can be construed as personal advice. In the event that you may feel our therapies may be of benefit, we advise you to contact the clinic to make an appointment for diagnosis and treatment.